The ultimate gift you can give to yourself is a Life Purpose and means to pursue it. But how do you do it?
In the previous post I summarized the result my family & friends had after carrying out the two-week eating experiment (increased quality of life, weight-loss, and a sustainable way of eating). In this post I’ll share the details of what all nine of them said about the experiment and I’ll share some pictures so that you can see who my beloved family & friends are. I have decided to share all this private information, with the acceptance of my friends & family of course, so that you can get a real look into what’s likely to happen to you if you undertake the experiment. Let’s get right to it!
In the previous posts I’ve outlined the two-week eating experiment. In order to motivate you to try out the experiment I thought it would be a good idea to share the experiment stories & results of my dearest family members & friends with you. I have personally monitored the progress of every individual written about in this post throughout their two-week experiments and beyond and it’s been an exciting journey. For some of them the experiment was a walk in the park. For others it was hard. Some have had incredible results, others didn’t complete the experiment. Want to read about the people closest to me in my life and what they experienced when changing their diet?
With this post I aim to provide the key points about the 2-week eating experiment here without going into any detail at all. I recommend reading this post regardless of whether or not you’ve already read the whole series. Additionally, I recommend using this post as a tool to help you throughout the experiment. You can also print this summary and show it to people in your life who are wondering what you’re up to but who might now have the dedication and interest needed to read the whole experiment series.
Do however note that this post is not meant to replace the series. Only by reading the whole 4-step series will you gain the knowledge necessary to successfully complete the experiment and set yourself in the driving seat of your health.
With that in mind, let’s check out the executive summary!
When you’ve carried out the 2-week experiment you will have experienced and felt some of the effects excellent eating provides. At this point you’re likely motivated to continue your journey towards healthy eating. This section will provide four recommendations for how you can continue to improve how you feel, look and perform through how you eat:
- Try different foods and pay close attention to how you feel
- Start eating super-foods to boost your health, and how you feel, look, and perform even more
- Use the 80/20 rule to healthy eating
- Supplement with vitamin D3 and omega-3 if you don’t get much sun or eat fatty fish
First, however, you need to re-evaluate how you feel to see how much of an improvement you’ve already made and to subsequently decide on what next steps to take.
In step 3 of the 2-week experiment we will outline how to successfully carry out the experiment. This post consists of two parts:
- Prepare for the experiment: Set a starting date, team up, get rid of crappy foods, get inspired and go shopping!
- Carry out the experiment: Bring your own food, use coconut oil, take it a little easy, stress less and sleep more
In case you haven’t already read the other posts in this series do check out the links below:
- Introduction to the 2-week experiment: Why you should do it and its process
- Step #1: Evaluate how you’re currently doing
- Step #2: What and how to eat during the experiment and how to avoid possible adverse effects
- Step #4: It’s done and I love it. What’s next? Optimize of course!
Now, let’s look at how to make the experiment a certain success!
In step 1 on this series I outlined how to evaluate how you’re currently doing. If you haven’t already read this post I advise you to do so before reading this one.
In this step of the 2-week eating experiment series we will address the following three exciting topics:
- What to eat & drink during the experiment
- How much to eat and what good eating habits are
- Possible adverse effects from changing how you eat and how to avoid these
Welcome to step 1 of the 2-week eating experiment. This post is of massive importance. For reasons not known to me self-evaluation is continuously being ignored by a large part of the health community in their efforts to help people achieve optimal health. That’s a mistake and here’s why: In order to be confident about the impact any experiment has on anything we need to first know how the subject we’re experimenting with was performing before the start of the experiment. Consequently, this post is about evaluating how you’re currently doing.
In order to make this step nice and smooth the evaluation will only consist of four categories:
- Your daily energy & performance levels
- Your daily emotions
- The quality of your sleep
- The quality of your digestion
The 2-week eating experiment series include the most important information you’ll ever need to know about how to eat healthy, excellent, and delicious food that will enable you to pursue your dream of feeling, looking, and performing better than ever before. Through other posts we have already addressed why we don’t know what to eat and why it’s so hard for us to change. This series will address these issues head on. By the time you’ve read these four posts you will know:
- Which foods to eat and which to avoid
- What good eating habits are
- The many positive effects of eating differently and how to avoid initial hurdles
- How to trick/motivate yourself into changing how you eat in a way that doesn’t have to been difficult or time-consuming (hint: that’s the whole point of the 2-week eating experiment)
- How to evaluate your progress from eating like a champion
- How to continue self-experimenting to identify what foods are optimal for you
Fasten your seatbelts; it’s self-experimentation time!